SHORTLIST FOR 2011 DIANA JONES AWARD ANNOUNCED
Three RPGs and two board-games vie for hobby-gaming’s most exclusive trophy
The committee of the Diana Jones Award has announced the shortlist for its 2011 award. Boiled down from a longlist of 22 nominees, this year the list contains five candidates that in the opinion of the committee exemplify the very best that hobby-gaming has produced in the last twelve months. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Catacombs, a board-game by Ryan Amos, Marc Kelsey and Aron West, published by Sands of Time Games
- The Dresden Files RPG by the Dresden Files RPG Team, published by Evil Hat Productions
- Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space, a board-game by Mario Porpora, Pietro Righi Riva, Luca Francesco Rossi and Nicolò Tedeschi, published by Cranio Creations
- Fiasco, an RPG by Jason Morningstar, published by Bully Pulpit Games
- Freemarket, an RPG by Luke Crane and Jared A. Sorensen, published by Sorencrane MRCZ
The winner of the 2011 Award will be announced on Wednesday 3rd August, at the annual Diana Jones Award and Freelancer Party in Indianapolis, the unofficial start of the Gen Con Indy convention.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming was founded and first awarded in 2001. It is presented annually to the person, product, company, event or any other thing that has, in the opinion of its mostly anonymous committee of games industry luminaries, best demonstrated the quality of ‘excellence’ in the world of hobby-gaming in the previous year. The winner of the Award receives the Diana Jones trophy.
The short-list and eventual winner are chosen by the Diana Jones Committee, a mostly anonymous group of games-industry alumni and illuminati, known to include designers, publishers, cartoonists, and those content to rest on their laurels.
Past winners include industry figures such as Peter Adkison and Jordan Weisman, the role-playing games Nobilis, Sorcerer, and My Life with Master, the board-games Dominion and Ticket to Ride, and the website BoardGameGeek. This is the eleventh year of the Award.
For more information you can contact a representative of the DJA committee directly: firstname.lastname@example.org